Chinmaya International Foundation
Chinmaya International Foundation stands as a bridge between past and present, East and West, science and spirituality, and pundit and public.
- Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda
Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF), the Academia of Sanskrit Research and Indic Studies, is the research wing of the Chinmaya Mission Worldwide. It is a centre of excellence for the study, research and dissemination of knowledge in the areas of Indian philosophy, culture, art and science, business management, both modern and ancient.
Established in the year 1989, CIF is housed in Adi Sankara Nilayam, the hallowed maternal birth home of the great saint, savant and philosopher Sri Adi Sankara. Located in a small hamlet, Veliyanad, in Ernakulam District, Kerala, India, CIF stands in a 10-acre plot of land amidst luxuriant sun-blessed greenery, temple shrines and lotus ponds. It offers an ambience of peace and solitude for study, research and contemplation to aspirants from all over the world.
Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda envisaged CIF to be a bridge between the East and the West, the Past and Present, Science and Spirituality, and the Pundit and Public.
What else we do?
- Chinmaya Mission Hospital
- Chinmaya Institute of Nursing
- Vedanta Institutes
- Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth
- Chinmaya Naada Bindu
- Aims and Objectives
- Unique Ways to Learn
- Salient Activities
• To establish a centre of excellence for the study, research and dissemination of knowledge in the areas of Indian philosophy, culture, art and science, business management, both modern and ancient.
• To enable a serious study and assimilation of knowledge of Indic Studies through approved provisions of the University research guides and assistants for doctoral studies.
• To further the knowledge of Indic studies by holding seminars, workshops and conventions.
• To organise onsite and online camps for intensive Indic studies for students of all nationalities.
• To develop new educational material of Indic Studies, both in-house and through collaboration with other institutes.
• To conduct in-house research as well as collaborative research in Indic Studies; identification of research projects and transfer of knowledge and technologies acquired from there to other institutions and organizations in India and around the world.
• To assist scholars and research analysts with scholarships and in-house aid.